This is a quick post as I've just flown in from a drama rehearsal and am dying to go to bed. These are a recipe my Mum always cooks when we want baked potatoes, but they feel a bit stodgy and heavy. So here is a quick easy and pretty yummy recipe.
...smash and drizzle...
...then bake ! Easy !
It's literally that easy ! And the recipe is so adapatable. You can add cheese, or smash in pesto, or sun dried tomato paste, anything ! The top goes nicely crunchy, and crispy, but it's pretty low fat, the only fat being a small drizzling of olive oil.
Medium size potatoes
Cracked sea salt
Seasonings of ANY variety (for this one I used mexican spices sprinkled on top)
1. Boil potatoes until they are very tender and skin is peeling a wee bit.
2. Place potatoes in a roasting tin then, take a fork, and smash away at the top surface of the potato, but try and keep the bottom in tact.
3. Add salt, and your choice of seasonings, (ie smash in pesto, sprinkle spices, sprinkle cheese)
4. Drizzle with olive oil (except if you've added cheese ! )
5. Bake for about 20 minutes on 200 degrees, or until the potatoes are deep gold.